Juliana’s Journeys
O, the many
flights that took us into the starry night:
Pittsburgh
to JFK, JFK to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Nairobi.
Soaring up
above the silver clouds, looking down on colorful Earth,
Feeling
like tiny specks on a great big bird.
Finally
landing in Nairobi, collecting twelve pieces of luggage,
Driving to
Mayfield to stay the night, rest, and play.
Going to
Eldoret in a large matatu to shop,
Getting
food at the local Nakumatt.
Continuing
on to Kapsowar, the final destination,
Riding through
the three C’s and Monkey Forest.
Arriving at
Kapsowar, enjoying the beauty,
Thankful to
God for safe journeys.
Chara's Travel Poem
In a car, in a plane,
Traveling day and night.
OUt of the plane window,
The clouds weave a pattern
Before my eyes.
We touch down with a bump,
Then walk and wait again.
Once in Kenya we stay the night,
Then drive
drive
drive,
And finally we arrive.
Stephen's Thoughts
My family is going to Kenya. The first airplane was horrible. The second airplane had TV's and controllers. So did the third one. I made a bunch of new friends. Here in Kapsowar my sister found a chameleon. It was cool. I am having a good time at Kenya. I am carving a lot. I am having a great time here and I am so glad we came!